District Foundation Grants
The Nebraska-Iowa District Foundation awards grants semiannually to assist Kiwanis Clubs and Service Leadership Clubs in funding projects. The Foundation Executive Committee, consisting of President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, Past President and up to 4 Directors of the Foundation , is responsible for reviewing and granting awards. The following criteria applies
- The project for which the grant was requested must conform to the tenants and goals of Kiwanis international.
- The project must focus on the needs of children or on organizations which serve or promote children's activities or well being.
- The number of children affected by the projects completion will be a major factor in consideration for approval against other submissions.
- The project will be evaluated on it's level of impact on the area served by the submitting Kiwanis Club.
- Participation in the Annual Club Giving program of the Foundation will be considered, but will not be the sole reason for denial of the grant.
- Active work done on the project by Kiwanis Club members will also be a factor for consideration.
- Selection is limited to Clubs and Service Leadership Programs within the Nebraska-Iowa District boundaries.
The deadlines for submission of grant requests are: 1 June and 1 December .
Awards are announced at the District Mid-Year Conference and District Convention.